I knit a lot at work between work things. My shifts are all weekend ones, the one advantage to that is that they tend to be a bit quieter.
So last night I'm happily knitting along and I wasn't happy with the turn of my heel on the Feb Pich Up Sticks kit. No biggy, frogged it back and then some work things happened. When I went back to my knitting I realized I had rolled over the now long loose yarn several times with my office chair and broken it! Right at the heel, I didn't want a join there! Well I tried something new, a Russian join and I'm pleased to report I will use it again. It may be a SLIGHT bit thicker but no one will ever notice. There were way bigger slubs all through my yarn last month. YAY for disaster diverted