Wednesday, January 5, 2011

A New Year, A New Post

I just had to open an Knitting 2011 file in my documents. How crazy is that? I've knit so many things lately I need to share more often. So many things are samples for the shop they are all around me every day and I forget that I haven't posted about them.

This great little sweater is knit out of Sirdar's Connemara Chunky. This started out as a quick sample to try out the yarn but wow, love this sweater.



Coming up very soon is The Match Factory's second run at a Knit Clinic. We're going to be doing socks this time around. This is Kertzer's basic sock recipe from their booklet #402, knit in Kertzer's On Your Toes. I'm pleased, it's a nice vanilla sock.



From the same book is the Lacy Sock, knit up in On Your Toes Bamboo. It's a nice little pattern but, I just can't get on board with the bamboo socks. The bamboo just doesn't have that bounce that yarn gives a pair of socks. If I get the second one done I think I'll wash and wear them a while and see if my opinion changes.




Happy New Year all.

6 comments:

Kea McKnight said...

This is more of a question than a comment. Do you stock the new Sirdar "Indie" yarn yet? And if so how much is it per skein.

Beaweezil said...

Hi Kea. Yes, I have Indie. It's a really fun yarn. Right now I have colour #'s 0155, 0157 and 0150 in stock and it's $7.00 a ball.

keamac said...

Do you have any of the Indie leaflet patterns? I am looking for 9315 in particular.

Beaweezil said...

Yes, I have one left. Would you like me to hang on to it for you?

keamac said...

No. I don't know when I'll get to New Liskeard. I'm in Kirkland Lake. I'll just call before I go to see if you still have it.

Beaweezil said...

Alrighty. Take care!