Sunday, February 25, 2007

Catch Up




I'm going to play some catch up and post projects I've finished up since the New Year.

A dear friend saw thrummed mittens and fell in love, so she picked up supplies. Then of course, she called me, told me about them and said, "I have no idea how to make them but I'm sure you'll figure them out."! Well, we figured them out.

We both worked off to the freebie pattern from Yarn Forward, in Ottawa. I used Patons Classic Wool in Bright Red and hand dyed sliver from Fleece Artist called Wensleydale Teeswater. In retrospect I think the sliver was too smooth and fine, as you can see the mittens already have quite a halo and I'm not sure how the thrums will hold up. They are super soft and cozy though. Also, I'm not sure I'll make many of these, the prepping and inserting thrums sure interfers with the rhythm of knitting and is SLOW.

All in all, a success if I do say so myself.

No comments: